Thursday, December 13, 2012

Beating Cancer or BEATING CHEMO?

Well that sucked, the whole weekend and up until today just totally sucked. Exhausted does not even come close. Sat I felt great, woke up early, went for a run, got back and made breakfast before everyone was even up. Apparently the steroids I was given were still in control. That came to a screeching halt around noon and I needed a 3 hour nap after just showering. Woke up only from that to be exhausted again, this time by drinking water.
Monday I ended up back in the chemo chair, crying my eyes out, being treated for exhaustion with fluids and other crap that made me feel more like a human. WTH, with cancer I fell fine, and they bring me in to make me feel like death, to make me better? I have never felt more disgusting in my life, I could not get away from that smell of chemo every time I turned around it was there. It was ME, I hated it and I didn't even have the energy to run away, or shower it off. It was awful.

Today is better, I'm back at work. I can't smell or taste it anymore. I can't stand the taste of water now, that's weird. At least my almond milk still tastes OK. :) Energy is better and I need another hair cut! At least it is growing and not falling out. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sherry O'Canas Gillis12/14/2012 3:04 PM

    Hang in there cuz!! Praying for you!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think go hard when you can and go easy on yourself when you need to. I love the shorter haircut, but then you would look good with anything.Somehow you keep the perma-smile going, its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany,
    Keeping yourself hydrated during chemo is so important. What worked for me was adding fresh lemons/juice to my water with every glass. I even made "sassy water"...you can find the recipe on line. I drank that by the gallons. Another thing that really helps when food starts to taste bad is, if you like it, drink a glass of tomato/V8 juice 30 minutes before you plan on eating. It helped me immensely. I was so sick after my first treatment that I lost 10 lbs in 6 days and spent so much time in my bed. I know it's hard but keep your spirits up and lean on your loved one for strength and you too, will get through this. When you are up to that cup of coffee, let me know!

    ReplyDelete