Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 1 let's do this

Chemo day 1.
Greeted with a huge hug from the lady at the front desk. I could not be calmer or less stressed. Not scared. Dad and michael are here. Aunt Lynn sent me her quilt which is very nice and warm, so thoughtful.

Got my premeds then started on the first chemo. After 30 mins Michael looks at me and says something is wrong with your face. So naturally I made some stupid face and asked how do I look now? He said red and puffy. Then I started itching all over. Ugh. Not even thru a 1/4 of the bag. Apparently this is normal for these meds so they stopped the drip and gave me Benadryl. Started the chemo after I returned to my normal color and size. Ha
Another 30 minutes and hives again this time on my chest and throat. Stopped drip. Everyone panicking  but me. No big deal just get more Benadryl.
Doctor wants me to start that chemo again tomorrow so what was supposed to be a work out day then chemo at 2pm is now a 8:30 am start again.
So I'm sitting here getting the second chemo now which is causing no issues,  will finish this and hopefully be home in time for a quick walk around the neighborhood before it gets dark. Oh yeah!







3 comments:

  1. I hope you are ok. My prayes & best wishes are sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are blogging about this. You are a strong ass kicker, so it's only appropriate that you will kick this :) This site looks awesome, and so do you! Only you can make a "port" look good :) xoxo Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! My prayers are with you!
    Gretchen
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete