Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cancer Really Sucks.

Sharon Russell is one of the greatest ladies I know. She has been my loving step mother, a great friend and a wonderful grand mom to my daughter. A huge part of my life for almost 20 years. Every thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthday was spent together. She was at my wedding before either of us got sick. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before I was diagnosed with lymphoma. Unfortunately her cancer spread to different locations. While she was fighting breast cancer she came to all my surgeries. Supported me each time I was in the hospital. Was at my heart surgery too despite being weak from all of her chemo. So many times we sat together with my dad, both she and I recovering from our chemos. She is amazing. She rocks her no hair, looks so beautiful, has such a glow. 
She is exhausted from the fight. The family, her friends, the world is going to miss this amazing woman who I am so proud to be able to call her my mom for so many years. 

1 comment:

  1. Sharon is an amazing woman and I am awed by her strenght and perseverance through all of this. I always liked chatting with her and she is both fun and funny. It is a difficult time for all and I send my love and prayers to Sharon and her family. :) ~Alison

    ReplyDelete